Wednesday 12 December 2012

The Day

Today is the day.

So much has happened in what feels like such a short time.

The Second woke me and told me to bring my laptop.

He said today is the day all my questions are answered.

Today is the day my life will end.

He picked me up and carried me out of my bedroom and we emerged in the Path.

We walked for a while.

I had worn shorts and a t-shirt to bed the night before because I figured I wouldn't be given time to change.

This turned out not to matter.

As soon as we entered the path I was wearing a black lace dress.

I don't know how long we walked for.

I wouldn't be surprised if a day or two passed of us just walking.

He didn't seem to be tiring at all from carrying me.

After a short time the appearance of the path began to change.

I can't really describe it.

It seemed older.

The trees grew larger and more gnarled.

The leaves created a black canopy almost like a solid ceiling.

The path was heavily worn with the passage of many.

Yet at the same time I got the feeling no one but us had walked through here in years.

We stopped.

The Second put me down.

"This is the aged path."

"It's the oldest part of The Path."

"This is where it all started."

I asked where The Master is.

He smiled.

"Don't you have another question?"

I must have looked confused because he continued.

"There are no more secrets now."

"There's a question you've asked me that I could never answer I can now."

I realized what he meant.

The Second what?

His smile grew wide.

"The Second Form."

As he finished the words his arms, legs and body began to stretch.

His hair and face disappeared and The Master was standing before me.

We watched each other for a few moments and then he returned to the form of The Second.

You're The Slender Man?

He shook his head.

"Not quite."

"The easiest way to explain what I am is a persona."

"The Slender Man isn't human."

"He can't be human."

"He can't truly understand humans or interact with them in a proper way."

"So if for any reason he needs to interact with a human he uses me."

"My ability to interact with humans isn't perfect, as you've witnessed on some occasions, because my abilities are merely based on his observation of human interaction."

"I think he got me down fairly well though."

I nodded.

But what about The other Slender Man in the Path?

"It wasn't The Slender Man."

"It was merely a denizen of The Path"

"In The Path The Slender Man's and therefore my powers are absolute."

"I called it to me and forged it a new form to deceive Xerox."
"Now then."

"I'm not often used and usually when I am it's just to spy on or deal with his proxies."

"You were a special case though."

Why?

"Because you weren't supposed to be there."

What?

"His targets are chosen carefully."

"He is extremely careful of who sees him and under what circumstances."

"That day you first saw him."

"You weren't supposed to be there."

"You somehow managed to be in the exact right place at the exact right time."

"Don't think that you just got lucky."

"This is something that should be impossible."

"There is absolutely no way you should have been there without him knowing you would be there."

"The Rake called you an anomaly."

"You are an anomaly."

"An unexplainable phenomenon."

"You surprised The Slender Man"

"This is something that doesn't happen."

"He tried to leave you alone."

"Figured you were just a fluke and that it would just go away."

"But then you came after him."

"Started disrupting things."

"He needed to step in."

"So he sent me."

And you fell in love with me?

He looked sad.

"No..."

"I can't really love you."

"I'm not actually capable of it."

"I just thought it would be easier to fulfill my duty if I had feelings for you so I manufactured some."

"I know it sounds horrible and you probably feel pretty betrayed and I'm sure it's no consolation but..."

He paused.

"You never really loved me either."

I tried to protest but he stopped me.

"That night when The Rake attacked you."

"The slender Man embraced you with his arms and manipulated the hormones in your body."

"He made you fall in love with me"

"Sorry..."

I didn't speak.

"Any other questions?"

I shook my head.

"Then it's time."

"Your life ends now."

"There's nothing left for you in the normal world."

"Despite our efforts you will never be free of this."

"If we leave you alone The Rake will come for you."

"You can't live forever as a human among the proxies."

"You don't want to become a proxy."

"There's only one alternative left for you."

What is it?

"Become part of us."

How is that different than being a proxy?

"You will retain your memories and self."

"You will be untouchable by all."

"The same as me."

"You will have power and you will be able to live on."

"Merely another part of us."

"Your appearance will have to change though."

"Join us."

"Become The Third."

He transformed again becoming The Slender Man and held out his hand.

He's just waiting.

I don't know how long he'll wait...

I need to make a decision.

I'm going to take his hand.

Goodbye everyone.

12 comments:

  1. Wonder what happened to the rake? Oh well. Fuck him.

    Bye Lisa. I won't miss you. Nothing personal.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Goodbye Lisa. I hope that wherever you are, that at least you are happy. You deserve that much.

    ~Shadow

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cya Lisa(hey that rhymed!). You gave me the support I needed to get out and I truly appreciate that. I only wish that we could have met in person(I mean, we were in the same building!). I also hope that you don't come after me on the 21'st, just saying.

    Bye.

    *JP

    ReplyDelete
  4. It pains me to see you go, but maybe I'll see you soon..

    -Tommy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You better hope not Mr. Roark.

      I may be kind but from now on where I go they follow.

      ~The Third.

      Delete
    2. Question. Where they go, do you follow?

      Delete
    3. Yes.

      We are one being now.

      ~The Third

      Delete
  5. Okay. This has been bugging me for a day or two now. It's all a hypothetical situation because I know it will never happen.

    'If' I were to become The Fourth, would Veigar become The Fifth as well (and vise versa)? Or since we share a physical form would we become...I don't know....The Fourth and a half? Something like that?

    Or would one of us simply be destroyed or permanently dormant?

    Just a scenario that was floating in my head for a while.

    *JP

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well unless you survive a hundred years or so from now the answer is unimportant.

      However, I assume your personalities would simply merge or one, probably veigar, would dominate the other to become the fourth.

      Of course as stated the ritual can only be performed on a repeated date and there won't be another one for 98 years or so.

      ~The Third.

      Delete
    2. Knowing Veigar, that stubborn bastard will live longer than all of us. Most likely making me find a way to do so. So it's not impossible but not very likely.

      #Xerath

      Delete
  6. I don't know if you will see this, since you probably don't really use the internet anymore. But I just came back, recently had a real fun encounter with IT, not going to give up details, just going to say that I almost winded up dead, not to mention lives were lost. Since your a part of IT now, or whatever. All I want to ask is, did you see all of it? I understand you can't do anything against it, but did you see what was happening?

    Just curious.

    - Mr. Incognito.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes.

      Well sort of.

      I didn't see the events themselves since it was The Master who did it.

      But I remember it as if I did it.

      We share one memory essentially.

      Sorry.

      ~The Third

      Delete