Saturday 7 July 2012

This became a lot less fun.

I kind of expected this but expecting and experiencing are two vastly different things.

I almost got murdered today.

I was at home working out how to capture and restrain a proxy.

Then there was a knock at the door.

I went to the door warily.

No one visits me at home now.

Not without calling before hand. So I stood of to the side as I opened the door. Immediately two gun shots went off where I would have been standing and I slammed the door and locked it before running into the living room.

There was a pounding on the door and then it splintered open and I hid behind the couch.

I heard whoever it was moving around and ran into the kitchen.

The kitchen is connected to the living room through the dining room which is parallel to the entryway so I had hoped he wouldn't see me.

Unfortunately there is a small area of open space between the dining room and the entryway and he happened to be standing there. The shot grazed my shoulder and I tripped but managed to roll into the kitchen. Luckily for me my kitchen has an island of counters in the middle so I was able to hide behind those and grab a knife from my utensil drawer.

Unfortunately the only knives in the drawer were butter knives. The man came around the corner of the counter island and I lunged at him tackling him against the fridge.

I half expected this to turn out horribly like my attempt to tackle Xerox but apparently this one was much less stable and it worked.

Before he could recover I began stabbing wildly.

Stabbing someone with a butter knife isn't as easy as say a steak knife but by the time he knocked me away my knife was covered in blood and his chest was bleeding so I must have managed it.

Frenzied strength go!

He glared at me and put a hand to his chest then aimed his gun at me and passed out.

So now I have a proxie I guess.

But I also almost died and they know where I live.

So... I guess we'll call it a trade off.

5 comments:

  1. He's not gonna be much use to you cut up like that, either. If the wounds are deep he won't live incredibly long captive and without medical attention.....

    Jeez. Now I'm really worried about you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did what I could and I think he'll live.

      Although hopefully he'll still be weak enough to handle.

      I'm keeping his gun too of course.

      Delete
  2. You went and stalked a proxy and now you're worried because the proxies know where you live? Wow, you're a genius. /sarcasm

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. As stated I did expect this.

      However knowing that your life is likely to be in danger and actually having your life in danger is two different things.

      Delete
  3. You're fierce. I like it.
    Good lucking finding a few good hiding spots. Remember to keep moving.

    We don't call them runners because they casually stroll.

    ReplyDelete