Sunday 2 September 2012

Ok so here's what happened.

Also sorry about the lateness on this update and reply but I've been in...

A bad way since the mission.

They used me to betray and lure a bunch of my fellow humans into a massacre.

I was incredibly stupid to not see it coming.

They never told me why they needed me but they told me to go ask a "random" group of people for the location of "Seil Latot", which I figured was an obvious fake name and was probably some proxy, and then tell them the information.

I did as asked.

The "random" group of people immediately got suspicious for some reason and after asking me a few questions they began acting threatening.

I ran back to the squad who were hiding out in a warehouse.

The group followed me.

As they entered the warehouse the doors shut and the proxies surrounded them.

Turns out this "Random" group was not a random group at all but a semi-organized group of runners.

The target of this mission was to eliminate this group of runners before they could become any more of a threat.

They used my lack of knowledge to help them.

I unknowingly acted in a suspicious manner but not overt enough for them to decide I was a proxy.

So they didn't outright kill me but I gained their attention.

The proxies knew I would eventually head back to them and knew or at least assumed the group would follow me.

They were of course all killed.

I feel horrible...

I'm not a proxy.

I'm a human.

I'm not a proxy.

I'm not a proxy.

I'm not a proxy...

I'm not...

7 comments:

  1. I always thought that Proxies were just humans.
    Humans who followed their Master.
    But you said it yourself.
    You were chosen because you were not one of them.

    What would have happened had you refused?

    ReplyDelete
  2. As I see it proxies are human in the same way Cyborgs and clones can be considered human.

    They're human in most ways but they're not really the same thing.

    They gave themselves to the master and gave up their humanity.

    I'm not one.

    I still have my humanity.

    But they're trying to take it away...

    Trick me into giving it away...

    What could they have done if I had refused...

    Nothing...

    I should have refused.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Then make sure you learn from your mistakes.
      Keep your humanity close.
      It is far too easy to end up like me.

      Remember that.

      Delete
    2. I will remember that.

      I'm feeling a bit better today.

      I still feel like a horrible traitor to my species but I've sort of gotten over the demented fear I was becoming a proxy part.

      I'm an accidental traitor and as long as I'm careful I can keep it from ever happening again.

      Delete
    3. You are human.
      With human feelings.
      And a human heart.
      Who follows orders for humans.

      I call you human because that is what you are.
      Even if you do not see it.

      Delete
    4. I'm sorry Swan I didn't mean it like that...

      I just don't know how to formalize what I'm saying...

      I'm not thinking straight.

      Sorry...

      I still don't feel right...

      Haven't seen The Second recently either.

      I actually miss him.

      Not for him but it doesn't feel normal him not being here.

      I'll try and start posting again tomorrow.

      Delete
    5. You're starting to sound rather attached to the Second.

      Delete