Monday 5 November 2012

The Aftermath

Explanation time.

So The Second left to check on all my connections and find some way to keep them safe.

While he was out doing that I stayed in my room confident in the protection of the proxies and The Master.

Then two days ago the proxies tried to attack me.

The Rake had visited them.

Each one of them and taken control like it had me.

The Second had been forward thinking enough to give me a gun as means of protection and I'm guessing had somehow made my room unenterable (Screw it it's a word) via Path.

Either that or The Proxies in a controlled state weren't smart enough to think of it.

Regardless as the others tried to break in and I was barricading the door Spinder came up from behind me with a knife.

Bitch was almost completely silent and until the knife was in my back I had completely failed to notice her.

I fell luckily she had let go of the knife and so hadn't been able to stab me more.

Through the haze of pain I aimed my gun and closed my eyes.

I fired three shots only one hit her.

The others hit the wall and a lamp.

She fell but the bullet wasn't immediately fatal and she regained lucidity as she died.

I heard her whimpering quietly as she died and I sat against a wall carefully so as not to push the knife in further.

I grabbed my laptop and wrote that last post before drifting off for a few minutes.

When I awoke my door had been busted open and I panicked but gentle hands grabbed me and held me till I stopped struggling.

It was The Second holding me.

The bloody knife was lying on the floor and The Seconds hand was over the wound.

He felt so warm...

I hugged him tightly and he hugged me back with the hand not on the wound.

This moment was interrupted by the sound of clicking.

We turned as one to see The Rake standing by my bed watching us with a grin.

The Second removed his hand from my back and stood up, immediately causing an icy pain to spread from the wound.

The Rake stepped towards us and The Second stepped forward as well moving between The Rake and me.

The Rake made a sound like chuckling.

The Rake: "You can't fight me."

The Rake: "(The Master) can only barely take me on."

Summon The Master I told him.

The Rake began laughing again.

The Rake: "Oh yes..."

The Rake: "Summon (The Master) while she watches."

The Second stiffened.

What are you waiting for? I asked panicking.

The Second: "I... I can't"

The Rake's grin grew wider.

The Second: "I... I need to prepare an area before I can summon him. My room was prepared yours isn't"

The Rake's grin broke and it snarled.

The Rake: "Lies!"

The Rake: "You cannot hide anymore."

The Rake: "Either the three of you die here or you sacrifice your plans for the anomaly and she becomes mine."

The Second: "Neither of those things will happen!"

The Second: "Lisa..."

The Second: "If you want to live you need to close your eyes and not open them until I tell you"

The Rake: "No Girl! Keep your eyes open! He cannot hide his secrets from you anymore!"

I looked from The Rake to The Second and closed my eyes.

There was a sound like...

Indescribable...

Nothing compares.

I heard the sound of things like knives and flesh and the spilling of blood.

The sounds of two inhuman creatures fighting.

I don't know how long I had my eyes closed.

I could probably have opened my eyes.

Learned the truth.

I didn't want to.

I never wanted to open my eyes again.

Sometime later I felt a warm hand on my shoulder and The Second's voice told me to open my eyes.

I did so and looked into his beautiful face.

I asked him what happened but I knew he wouldn't really tell me anything.

I had one chance to learn the truth but the price would have been to high.

I'm sure of that.

All the proxies in the apartment are dead now.

Which is sad I liked some of them.

The Second brought me to a new location a safer location.

Hopefully.



    




 

8 comments:

  1. I have a suspicion, that this Second, isn't really a human. You did say that it sounded like nothing you ever heard before, like two monsters battling it out, so maybe that is exactly what had happened?

    Maybe this second is some sort of creature, or even a Fear, disguised as a human? That would explain why he told you to close your eyes, he didn't want you to learn of that secret.

    But that is just a theory, just guessing on my part, overall good to hear your still alive.

    - Mr. Incognito.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Admittedly I've thought of this.

      I actually thought perhaps he was some kind of disguise of the master...

      That's ridiculous though.

      A creature like The Master or The Rake wouldn't be in love with me.

      They don't seem capable of things like love.

      That he's not a normal human is definitely certain.

      As for the noise I don't think it was him fighting.

      I'm sure it was The Master.

      He made me close my eyes because something about his summoning is a secret.

      The Rake said as much.

      I'm glad I'm still alive too...

      Delete
  2. I worry for you Lisa. The Rake will never surrender until it realizes there is a 0% chance he will get you or you die.

    And that first one can't happen.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well that's cheerful...

      I guess that's one upside to my impending life ending event...

      I'm sure whatever The Master plans for me The Rake won't hunt me afterwards.

      Delete
  3. "Got Rake class, and he's got rake style."

    I always picture the rake as a cat even though I know that's wrong.

    Funny that the Rake used the Seconds proxies to come at you. Guess he didn't want to lose any of his own.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Rake has his own proxies?

      Well that's not a horrifying thought or anything...

      Regardless he probably used...

      The Second's proxies...

      You mean The Master's proxies.

      Anyways he probably used them because they'd have easier access to me.

      No better assassin than the targets own guards after all.

      Except maybe the target herself.

      The Second assured me he can't do that though.

      Delete
    2. He most certainly does have proxies. Nasty things.

      They stop looking human after a while, a lot more like the creature himself.

      And I wouldn't say he can't do that, although he probably won't. Can't hunt something if you are already in its head.

      Delete
  4. I think the Second is the Master. One version of the Slender Man (the earlier version before things like MarbleHornets came out) can show a face and works by gaining the trust of his victims. Yep, by the sounds of the story, definitely the Slender Man. Although by the time I read the rest of these that would have probably been figured out.

    ReplyDelete