Monday 29 October 2012

No safe place.

According to some of The Proxies while I was out today my friend showed up again.

She came to the front door and was stopped by a small group.

She said she was coming to see me.

They told her she couldn't come in.

In response she looked scared then proceeded to draw a gun and shoot them.

She killed one and injured one but most of her shots missed.

The proxies took her down and on Xerox's orders they disarmed her and locked her in a room.

They intended to wait for either me or The Second to arrive before deciding what to do with her.

Unfortunately when they brought The Second to see her she was dead.

Her body gutted and arms and legs cut off.

I...

The creature...

The Rake killed her.

First he sent her to kill me...

Like he said before everyone of my friends and family could be an exploitable weakness.

He could just send armies of my loved ones to kill me.

Either they succeed and I die or they fail and they die.

I can't let that happen.

Either thing.

The Second has promised he'll do what he can to protect me and my loved ones.

I trust him now but I'm not sure he can really do it.

This should have been handled much earlier.

We should have foreseen this possibility.

3 comments:

  1. Holes in your security had been long since noticed and anticipated I'm sure.

    Maybe the second simply had no recourse. Or maybe he doesn't want to bring them because he is afraid of losing time with you.

    Love can do terrible things to people.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. But love also brings the greatest of allies.

      Delete
    2. Or the complete absence of love, which practically brings you an advantage, but at the same time gives you a cold realization.

      Delete