Tuesday 2 October 2012

Jane part 2

Interesting thing just happened.

Or not interesting...

Horrible?

Yeah horrible sounds good.

I was heading outside for no particular reason just some fresh air.

At the building entrance there are two people.

Two familiar people.

Xerox and Jane.

I stopped and listened.

Jane: Yeah just arrived from up north.

Jane: I would of checked in with you guys earlier but I got distracted.

Jane: I met this girl.

Jane: She's heavily marked by The Master.

Jane: I could practically feel him around her.

Jane: I met what I assume was one of you as well.

Jane: He came to pick her up so I assume you guys are aware of her-

I stepped in here.

"Yeah they're aware of me."

Jane's reaction was beautiful.

It was the greatest display of shock I've seen in a long time.

Jane: Oh! You're here? B... but you're not a proxy what are you doing here?

Xerox spoke before I could.

He explained incredibly simply that The Master had chosen me for some purpose and that I was living here under their protection until such time as I had fulfilled my purpose.

At this point there was suddenly a cough from beside us and The Second who had apparently been standing there for quite some time gave us a little wave.

The Second: Seems the truth is out now.

The Second: Well most of it...

The Second: The important parts anyways.

The Second: I think the four of us should sit down to a nice meal for some proper introductions.

What followed was an incredibly awkward and metaphorically bitter meal wherein Jane was informed of the situation and The Second's identity and I was informed of Jane.

What I've learned:

Even if I think I've managed to create a semblance of normalcy I'm wrong because my new "normal" friend is actually more involved than I am.

There is no such thing as normal once you're in.

My new "friend" was buddying up to me with the intent of killing me for The Master.

The Second is not widely known among proxies outside of this area and a few others around the world.

Oh also Jane is an Agent who is sent from proxy group to proxy group as a sort of combination odd job woman and problem solver.

Problem remover would probably be more accurate.

I guess she's like a mobile proxy hitman.

7 comments:

  1. Duckie was one of those. His job title was 'Collector' because he went around collecting marks local groups had failed to close in on.

    I think he made the title up himself though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Collector, huh?

      Jane apparently refers to herself as a Messenger.

      I asked why.

      She just said "When I visit people they get the message."

      Then she laughed.

      I hate her so much right now.

      Delete
    2. Feeling a little betrayed?

      Delete
  2. Yes...

    Minus the little part.

    I feel incredibly betrayed.

    I also feel hopeless.

    The knowledge that even when I thought I was enjoying a normal friendship my friend turns out to be a proxy bitch planning to kill me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Why can't you have a normal friendship with a proxy?

      Delete
    2. Um the part where it was a lie and she was planning to kill me...

      But what I meant was that I can't have a normal as in not related to the slenderman in any way shape or form friendship.

      Delete
    3. Content to give up on the first try? No wonder the Second is getting to you so easily.

      Delete